This week I'm feeling a little Italian... and Italian is one of my favorite types of food to make! Today I received some garden-grown basil and didn't get to use it yet. So I'm going to smell it and dream it.
Ambiance: Outdoors. Before dark. Today's weather.
Drink: I am a seasonal wine drinker. Whites in the summer and reds in winter. So for this meal, I would like a Pinot Grigio.
Let's start out with some fresh bread dipped in garlic and EVOO with crushed pepper. Then an amazingly cool caprese salad... gigantic, beefy tomatoes with so-aromatic basil and creamy, jiggly mozzarella. Aw hell, throw some prosciutto on there.
For an appetizer, a light margherita pizza. Nothing tastes better in the summer than tomato and basil, and this is my fantasy, so yes. This pizza has mozzarella, tomato, basil and is sprinkled with balsamic.
The main event is a shrimp and fettuccine dish with tomatoes in a garlic sauce. Capers. Parmesan. Onions. More garlic. Rosemary. Oregano.
Wind down with coconut almond and chocolate gelato topped with a wafer stick. And a cappucino.
(This was tortuous to write. Now I'm starving.)
Monday, July 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You make me hungry. When you decide to make this I'll be your date for the evening!!!
Post a Comment